- Unique Structure Building
- Heat-Power Engineering and Heating Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Standardization and Metrology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Design of Architecture Environment
- General Medicine
- Information Science and Computer Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Art Studies
- Design Studies
- Energy Studies
- Engineering Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Humanities Studies
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Management Studies
- Marketing Studies
- Natural Sciences
- Performing Arts
- Social Sciences
- Technology Studies
- Tourism and Hospitality
Qualifications Tests for English proficiency :
TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT, GRE, PTE
Note: Applicable as per the Course and Universities.
Scholarships to Study in Russia
Government-funded Russian scholarships for international students
- Government of Russian Federation Scholarships – A set number of state scholarships to study in Russia are available for foreign students each year, with free tuition, student accommodation and a maintenance allowance, which amounted to 1,500 rubles a month in 2017 (approximately US$24). 15,000 of these scholarships were awarded in 2017.
Non-governmental Russian scholarships for international students
- The School of Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS) – Lists scholarships to study abroad in Russia and other former Soviet states, most of which are specifically for US students.
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarships – Offers over 2,900 scholarships of up to US$5,000 for US undergraduate citizens to study or intern abroad. Applicants who are studying a foreign language (such as Russian) while abroad in a country in which the language is predominantly spoken will automatically be considered for the Critical Need Language Award, for a total award of $8,000.
- BP in Russia Research Scholarships – Russian scholarships of RUB 15,000 – 35,000 (~US$240-560) every month for students studying for degrees in energy and economics at one of the partner Russian universities. Applicants must be studying on state grants, have excellent grades and aim to develop in their chosen subject in the future.
- American Councils Scholarships – Various scholarships related to Russian language training and research in Russia, including the Title VIII Research Scholar Program, a scholarship for students to conduct independent research for three to eight months in one of the selected countries in Central Asia or Eastern Europe, including Russia. The value of the awards varies between US$7,000 to $25,000, and typically includes airfare, a monthly stipend, health insurance and more.
- Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project – Scholarships are available for international students from any country to study a master’s degree in mathematics, physics, computer science or economics in Russia. Offered by the Russian Association of Global Universities, the scholarships cover the entirety of tuition fees.
University-specific Russian scholarships for international students
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) – Scholarships are available for excellent international students who demonstrate the potential for superior academic performance.
- National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) Saint Petersburg – Several scholarships are available to study at HSE’s St Petersburg campus, covering 25 to 100 percent of the tuition fees of outstanding international students at all study levels.
- National University of Science and Technology MISiS – Stipends are available for international students commencing English-medium MSc STEM programs, both for those who are admitted via the Russian government scholarship program and those who are covering tuition fees using their own funds.
- Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University – Individual scholarship opportunities are available for master’s degree programs studied in English at the university. The scholarship could cover tuition fees during one semester or costs of accommodation in the university dormitory.
- Tomsk State University – Various grants are available for international students.
- Russian International Olympic University – The Vladimir Potanin Foundation’s Olympic Scholarships Program offers 20 Russian scholarships to study a Master of Sports Administration program at the university, providing tuition, accommodation and a monthly stipend.
List of documents required for Russia
- Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
- Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Standardised Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where necessary for the programme)
- Two academic references
- Two references from employers (where applicable)
- Passport sized photographs
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Draft for application fees, if applicable
- Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture programme)
- Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities
Education Cost for Studying in Russia
How much does it cost to get a Bachelor’s degree in Russia?
After completing four-years-undergraduate programmes, students receive a bachelor’s degree and a diploma of higher education. After that, students can continue their studies and take a Master programme.
Training on full-time department of the Bachelor’s Degree costs approximately 180-200 thousand rubles ($ 3,000-3,340)* per year. The minimum cost is 123 500 rubles ($ 2,060) per year; the maximum – 715 000 rubles ($ 11,620) per year.
How much does it cost to get a Specialist’s degree in a Russian University?
Specialist’s degree is awarded after at least five years of training. It has more of practical focus in comparison to a Bachelor.
The cost of training on the full-time department of the Specialist’s degree is about 200-220 thousand rubles ($ 3,340-3,670)* per year on average. The minimum cost is 120 thousand rubles ($ 2,000) per year. The maximum is 623 580 rubles ($ 10,543) per year.
How much does it cost to get a Master’s degree in a Russian University?
Master’s degree is awarded after two years of training and provides a deeper knowledge of the chosen major of studies. You can apply for a Master programme if you have either Bachelor’s or Specialist’s degree.
Training on the full-time department of Master’s degree on average costs 220-240 thousand rubles ($ 3,670-4,000)* per year. The minimal cost is 127 000 rubles ($ 2,120) per year. Maximum – 450 000 rubles ($ 7,500) per year.
How much does a Postgraduate study cost in a Russian University?
Studies in postgraduate programmes last at least three years. Graduates with Master or Specialist degree can apply for a postgraduate programme, if they are interested in research and teaching. After the defense of the thesis, graduate students are awarded the degree of Candidate of Science (PhD).
Training on the full-time department of the post-graduate course costs on average 240-260 thousand rubles ($ 4,000-4,370)* per year. The minimum cost is 136 500 rubles ($ 2,275) per year. The maximum – 405 000 rubles ($ 6,750) per year.
Why study in Russia
- Truly international universities offering courses at cost effective tuition fees
- 20 + Russian universities find place in the world university rankings
- Proximity to Asia and Europe
- Global recognition and acceptance of Russian educational qualifications
- Widest range of educational programs available
- Great campuses and state of the art facilities offered
- Education that combines traditional and modern innovation
- Excellent research oriented study environment
- Explore the world’s largest country with over 9 time zones
- Offers great social life for international students
- Home to some of the finest traditions
- Developing economy
- Comparatively simple visa procedures
LIST OF COLLEGES/ UNIVERSITIES IN RUSSIA
- Amur State University
- Arhangelsk State Technical University
- Bashkir State University
- Bauman cow State Technical University
- Cheljabinsk State Institute of Teacher Training
- Cheljabinsk University of Agricultural Engineering
- Chuvash State University
- cow Institute of Physics and Technology
- cow State Automobile and Road Technical University
- cow State Industrial University
- cow State Linguistic University
- cow State Technical University of Civil Aviation
- cow State University
- cow State University of Civil Engineering
- cow State University of Forestry Engineering
- cow State University of Technology (Stankin)
- cow Technical University of Informatics and Communication
- cow University Touro
- Dubna International University for Nature, Society and Man
- European University at StPetersburg
- Far Eastern State University
- Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia
- Higher School of Economics
- International University of Fundamental Studies, St Petersburg
- Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute
- Irkutsk State University
- Ivanovo State Power University
- Jewish University in cow
- Kabardino-Balkarian State University
- Kemerovo State University
- Khabarovsk State Academy of Economics and Law
- Kuban State University
- Kuban State University of Agriculture
- Kuban State University of Technology
- Kursk State Medical University
- Lipeck State Technical University
- Marij State Technical University
- Mendeleev Russian University of Chemical Technology
- Modern University for the Humanities
- Mordovian State University
- Murmansk State Technical University
- Nayanova University
- New Economic School
- Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University
- Nizhny Novgorod State University
- North Ossetian State University
- Novgorod State University
- Novosibirsk State Technical University
- Novosibirsk State University
- Omsk State Pedagogical University
- Omsk State Technical University
- Orenburg State University
- Perm State Technical University
- Perm State University
- Petrozavodsk State University
- Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics
- Pomor State University
- Rostov State University
- Russian State University for the Humanities
- Sakhalin State University
- Samara State Aerospace University
- Samara State University
- Siberian State Transport University
- Smolny University
- St Petersburg State Electrotechnical University
- St Petersburg State Marine Technical University
- St Petersburg State University
- St Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance
- St Petersburg State University of Technology and Design
- St Petersburg State University of Telecommunication
- Tambov State Technical University
- Tomsk Polytechnical University
- Tomsk State University
- Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics
- Transbaikalia State Pedagogical University
- Tula State University
- Tver State University
- Ufa State Aviation Technical University
- Ukhta State Technical University
- Ural State University of Economics
- Vladimir State Technical University
- Vladivostock State University of Economics
- Volgograd State Pedagogical University
- Volgograd State Technical University
- Voronezh State Agricultural University
- Voronezh State University
- Yaroslavl State Pedagogical University
- Yaroslavl State University
- cow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Far Eastern Federal University
- IM Sechenov First cow State Medical University
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
- National Research Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod (Lobachevsky University)
- National Research Nuclear University MEPhI (cow Engineering Physics Institute)
- National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University
- National Research Tomsk State University
- National Research University – Higher School of Economics
- National University of Science and Technology MISIS
- Novosibirsk State University
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia
- Peter the Great St Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University “LETI”
- Siberian Federal University
- University of Tyumen