For a better experience please change your browser to CHROME, FIREFOX, OPERA or Internet Explorer.


Major Streams

  • Architecture & Construction Management
  • Arts & Design
  • Aviation
  • Business / Management
  • Commerce / Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Engineering & Technology
  • Fashion Designing
  • Hospitality & Tourism
  • IT & Computing
  • Language / Linguistics
  • Law / International Law
  • Science
  • Visual Media

Qualifications Tests for English proficiency :

Note: Applicable as per the Course and Universities.

Scholarships to Study in France

Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
  • Walter Jensen Scholarship
    Dreaming of becoming a French teacher? This free money should be on your mind then. This scholarship is awarded to help a deserving future teacher of French to study in France. You must be at least 18 years old and enrolled in an established teacher education program (B.A., B.S., or M.A.T.) in French. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, non-native French speakers, and sponsored by an American Association of Teachers of French member teacher.

    • Award: $2,000
    • Deadline: March 15
  • The ISA Diversity Scholarship for American Students
    This is just one need-based scholarship out of several ISA scholarships that goes to U.S. students (either U.S. Citizens or U.S. Residents) of diverse or mixed ethnic backgrounds who wish to study in France. To qualify, you must already have been accepted into an ISA (International Studies Abroad) overseas study program.

    • Award: 6 grants of $1,000 to $2,000 are awarded annually
    • Deadline: Fall: April 30, Winter/Spring: October 30, Summer: February 28
  • French Ministry of Higher Education & Research: Merit & Need-Based Grants
    These are French government funds allocated in accordance with social criteria. While getting free government money sounds fine and dandy, most grants go to French nationals BUT some foreigners may qualify! How, you may ask? For example, if, for tax purposes, your home over the past two years has been France. Other qualifications include being a national of a European Union country or being a national of a European Economic Space country and previously holding a permanent job in France (full or part-time). Have a parent or legal guardian who has earned income in France? You qualify.
    Another way to qualify is to prove your degree of integration into French society, such as by the length of time you’ve already spent studying in France or if you have certain family ties in France. If you’ve lived continuously in France for 5 years, you could be a qualifier, too.

    • Award: Varies from $247 per month over 9 months to $494 per month for 2 to 9 months
    • Deadline: Varies between January 15 and April 30
  • American Institute for Foreign Study Scholarships
    These are awarded to American students who show high academic achievement. Over $800,000 in scholarships, grants, and financial support are awarded to deserving students & institutions each year. Be aware that scholarships listed are not available to students on AIFS customized faculty-led programs. To apply, you’ll need to write a 1,000-word essay on how studying abroad fits into your academic and career goals, and what will you do to promote study abroad on your campus when you return.
    Scholarships apply to AIFS programs including the French cities of Cannes, Grenoble, and Paris, but if you’re enrolled in a program through your school, you can still check with your study abroad coordinator to see if any special AIFS scholarships apply to you.

    • Award: Varies from $200 for summer programs and can go up to $5,000

Scholarships for Graduate Students

  • The Fulbright Scholarship
    While competitive, this prestigious option is for recent college graduates, master- and doctoral-degree candidates, and young professionals with less than five years of work experience. Up to 20 grants are awarded annually and go toward 8 to 10 months of study in France. Arts, humanities, and social sciences students may enroll in a graduate degree program (master’s or doctoral), or attend courses without seeking a degree, or conduct research and attend courses, or just conduct research. Natural sciences and engineering students can enroll in a graduate degree program (master’s or doctoral), and/or conduct research.

    • Award: Not specified, and you would pay your tuition fees (which are highly subsidized by the French government). In 2017-2018, annual fees for public institutions were: $390 for the Master’s degree, $483 for the PhD, and $753 for engineering programs.
  • The Chateaubriand Fellowship
    Offered by the Embassy of France in the U.S., the Chateaubriand funds Ph.D. students from American universities wishing to do research in France for four to nine months. Chateaubriand fellows are selected through a merit-based competition and a collaborative process with evaluators in both countries. Candidates can be STEM students or humanities and social sciences students.

    • Award: STEM Chateaubriand fellows receive a monthly allowance of up to $1,730 (depending on other financial support you might be getting while in France), a round trip ticket to France and support for health insurance abroad. The award for humanities recipients is not specified.
    • Deadline: The call for applications is open each year from October to January.

List of documents required for France:

  • Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
  • Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
  • Standardised Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where necessary for the programme)
  • Two academic references
  • Two references from employers (where applicable)
  • Passport sized photographs
  • Statement of Purpose (SOP)
  • Resume/CV
  • Draft for application fees, if applicable
  • Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture Courses)
  • Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities

Note: Documents required for individual universities and individual courses in Australia may vary.

Education Cost for Studying in France

Education is government subsidized in France, meaning that tuition fees are comparatively low. On average, a Licence degree from a public university costs around 200 EUR per year for both EU and non-EU students. However, cost fluctuates depending on chosen program. For example, studying medicine costs around 450 EUR per year, and engineering around 620 EUR. Masters and PhD programs in France are also more expensive, the former averaging 260 and the latter 396 EUR per year. The cost of studying in a private institution is higher – selective schools and Grandes Écoles can charge anywhere between 250 and 20,000 EUR per year.
As an international student, you may be eligible for a scholarship offered by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme. Some universities offer scholarships worth up to 10,000 EUR to international students who display exceptional academic merit (mainly from Masters and PhD courses).

Student Accommodation & Housing Options in France

There are several options for you to choose from when considering your accommodation situation. The cost of rent in France is above the international average of 200-300 EUR per month, however, this is obviously variable depending on where you are, and your desired levels of comfort and privacy. Here is some information about the various kinds of housing available to you as a student in France:

    The cheapest accommodation available is owned and managed by the Regional Centers of University and Academic Services (CROUS). 13% of the student population live in CROUS owned housing, which can cost as little as 150 EUR per month and up to 600 EUR. There is one CROUS residence per educational region (rather than one overarching body), so when applying for this housing make sure that you are dealing with the residence affiliated with your chosen institution of study. Once you have found the appropriate site, you must submit an ‘international lodging’ application and submit it before May 31st to receive accommodation for the next academic year.
  • University-owned accommodation
    Specialized schools such as the Grandes Écoles own housing which they rent out to their students. Since these schools are private, application process and costs are variable and you would need to look into individual establishments for further information.

Student lodging in a residence

There is also the option to live in non-CROUS owned student residences. The cost of this will be higher than CROUS because of the services and amenities included, but lower than a private residence. This is a good compromise if you want to maximize comfort but retain sociability.

  • Lodging with private owners
    If none of these options appeal to you – perhaps you are a mature student, only enrolled in a short course, or simply value independence and privacy – then you can always rent a room or property through an individual or an estate agent. Renting an apartment costs between 400 and 700 EUR per month on average, although this is hugely variable depending on where in France you are. Outside of the main urban centers you can rent an apartment for approximately 300 EUR per month.

Why study in France?

  • France is one of the most appealing destination for students worldwide
  • Paris has been voted as no 1 student city! (QS Best Student Cities, 2014)
  • 4th wealthiest country and 5th largest economy of the world
  • Over 5 French business schools are ranked among top 10 business schools in Europe
  • Excellent environment that promotes innovation and entrepreneurship
  • Highly subsidized tuition fees
  • One of the best countries to pursue management and engineering courses with excellent specializations on offer
  • Head quarter of 39 Global fortune 500 companies
  • Collaboration with industry and salary based internships are integral part of curriculum
  • Excellent placement opportunity for students in the area of their study
  • Outstanding research and development opportunities
  • Offer free French language classes for international students