- Aeronautics and Aviation Science
- Business Administration
- Environmental Science and Health
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Physical Therapy
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Relations and Administration
- Urban Planning
Qualifications Tests for English proficiency :
TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT, GRE, PTE
Note: Applicable as per the Course and Universities.
Scholarship to study in USA
There are many scholarships that are available exclusively for Indian students who want to study in the US. Given below is a list of scholarships for Indian students to study abroad after the 12th or graduation, especially in the United States.
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarships are for students who wish to study abroad in North America or Europe and have show exceptional talent in their field of choice. Scholarships are not offered in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation.
Scholarship Amount: Not more than USD 100,000
- If the total funding required which includes tuition, one-way travel, and living expenses is more than US$100,000, the student must produce proof that they can cover the course completely during the interview process.
- Candidates must show evidence that they have the ability to cover full funding for their courses at the time of their interviews in May/June. The Foundation does not cover candidates that are not fully funded.
- Acceptance of any other scholarship, teaching assistantships, and part-time jobs are subject to approval from the Foundation.
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
The Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship are Master’s Fellowships which are offered to outstanding Indian students who want to study at an accredited US institution and selected colleges and universities in the USA. The areas for studies can include Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Legal Studies; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
- Candidates must have at least three years’ professional work experience and committed to return and contribute to their communities.
- The Grant benefits include J-1 visa support, round trip economy class air travel, funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs, and accident and sickness coverage as per U.S. government guidelines
- The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellow Programme is a Fulbright program that allows young and mid-level career professionals from developing countries the opportunity to pursue non-degree graduate study and related practical professional experience in USA for a period of 10 months. The fellowships are awarded in the fields of Agricultural and Rural Development; Communications/Journalism; Economic Development; Educational Administration, Planning and Policy; Finance and Banking; Higher Education Administration; HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention; Human Resource Management; Law and Human Rights; Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change; Public Health Policy and Management; Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration; Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention; Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (Teacher Training or Curriculum Development); Technology Policy and Management; Trafficking in Persons, Policy and Prevention; Urban and Regional Planning.
- Candidates have to be proficient in both written and spoken English and will be required to take Internet-based Test (iBT) of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- The Humphrey fellows undertake master’s level work directly related to their professional needs and fields of interest but does not result in the awarding of a degree.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellow Programme needs a valid TOEFL score!
Read more about the advantages of taking the TOEFL test
Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
Reliance Industries along with Stanford GSB created the Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students to provide deserving students the opportunity to study at the Stanford Graduate Business School.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 5 Fellowships
Scholarship Amount: Approximately USD 150,000 total
- The fellow financial support for the cost of tuition and associated fees for the two-year MBA program.
- Fellows are expected to return to India and work for an Indian organization within two years of completing their MBA
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship
The Rotary Foundation Grant can be used to fund scholarships with high-impact and sustainable outcomes in six areas of focus:
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development
- Disease prevention and treatment
Scholarship Amount: Minimum amount USD 15,000, and the maximum is USD 30,000.
- While choosing activities, choose only those which are sustainable and measurable, only those which will support one or more areas of focus. Activities should stem from the needs of the community.
- Global grants must be sponsored by two Rotary clubs, the host country where the student is from, and at the US where the student is going. Both partners must be Future Vision pilot members.
- Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship
The fellowship was established in the memory of Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala who was a 1952 graduate of the Booth school. The fellowship which offer tuition support is available for students of Booth’s full-time MBA program.
Number of Scholarships: 2
Scholarship Amount: USD 25,000
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
The fellowship grants students a total sum of USD 10,000 to cover tuition fees while pursuing a full-time MBA at the Booth School of Business in Chicago.
Number of Scholarships: 2
Scholarship Amount: Total Sum for USD 10,000
- Applicants have to prove academic excellence, leadership qualities, and extracurricular achievements
- Candidates living/working in India when applying to Booth school are eligible
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (AU EGL) is aimed to help high-performing students pursue a Bachelor’s degree in the US. Students must be active in civic and social activities. This scholarship is aimed at students who plan to improve the under-resourced and undeserved communities back in their home country. This scholarship is offered by the American University, Washington DC and is offered to any field of undergraduate study at the University.
Number of scholarships: 1
- The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable expenses like full tuition, room, and board. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses like cost of books, airfare, and health insurance.
- This is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, and is based on continued satisfactory and academic performance.
- Tata Scholarships for Cornell University
The Tata Education and Development Trust (Ratan Tata of Tata Sons Ltd.) has given a $25 million endowment to Cornell University to offer financial aid to underprivileged but meritorious Indian students who wish to study undergraduate courses at Cornell.
Number of scholarships: 20
There are several other scholarships available for Indian students who want to study in USA including the ETS TOEFL Scholarship, Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Trust Scholarships, etc. There are also specific scholarships for MS in the USA or even for a Master’s program like the Rotary Peace fellowships or scholarships specifically for women including the AAUW International Fellowships, MIT-Zaragoza Women in Logistics and SCM Scholarship, and the Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund.
List of documents required for USA:
- Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
- Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Standardised Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where necessary for the programme)
- Two academic references
- Two references from employers (where applicable)
- Passport sized photographs
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Draft for application fees, if applicable
- Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture programme)
- Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities
Note: The documents required for individual universities and individual courses in Germany may vary.
Cost of studying in USA
Average tuition fee range (per year):
Tuition fee varies from Public to Private Institutions in USA;
- Private Universities: $14,000 – $35,000
- Public Universities: $10,000 – $25,000
- Community Institutions: $7,000 – $14,000
Living Expenses range (per year):
Total Living Cost: $9,000 – $12,000
- Books and Supplies: $400 – $1,500
- Medical Insurance: $350 – $700
- Local Transportation: $1,000 – $1,500
- Accommodation: $4,000 – $9,000
- Food & Beverage: $1,800 – $2,400
- Entertainment: $600 – $1,000
- Personal Expenses: $800 – 1,500
Travel Expenses (per year): :
- Air Travel: $1,800 – $2,500 (TWO International Round Trips)
WHY STUDY IN USA?
The U.S. has one of the world’s finest education systems, with excellent programs across all disciplines. At the undergraduate level, outstanding program options are available in conventional subjects as well as professional fields. At the Master’s and Ph.D. level, students regularly get the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the finest researchers in the world. Qualifications awarded by U.S. universities are recognized throughout the world for its academic brilliance.
Diversity of Education Opportunities
The U.S. higher education system has lots to offer every student. The program structure lays equal emphasis on building a strong theoretical base along with importance on practical, employment-related skills. If you are looking at studying an unusual or specific program like gerontology you will have more than one program to choose from in the U.S.!
U.S. universities are world leaders in terms of technology and scientific techniques, and are committed to providing the same resources to students. The emphasis is to acquaint students with the latest in the field of science, engineering and related fields. The end result is work-ready graduates with appropriate skills using the most recent technology.
Opportunity for Research, Teaching and Training
In the U.S., at the graduate level students gain valuable experience in research and teaching through the many assistantship programs available. These assistantships also help students finance their higher education in USA. The practical experience gained is extremely useful for future careers in teaching and research.
The U.S. higher education system offers many course choices within a program and the opportunity to change majors or opt for multiple specializations. At the advanced stages of an undergraduate program a student can tailor the program to meet specific career aspirations like combining courses in contemporary jazz music with engineering! At the graduate level you can make your own timetable and complete course credits at a comfortable pace within the stipulated time frame.
Support Services for International Students
U.S. universities welcome international students for pursuing higher education in USA and have support systems to help students adjust comfortably to life in the U.S. Services at the international student office help students transition to the new environment. Support is offered through the year from organizing orientation programs to assistance with academic writing and building resumes as students get ready to graduate.
U.S. universities offer a diverse choice of academic, cultural and athletic activities to choose from which not only enrich the educational experience but also help students make new friends and become global citizens. Your university may also have a cricket team in addition to fraternities, regional and ethnic clubs.
Academic study and experience from a U.S. university has a very positive reputation in the international job market. U.S. education dramatically enhances a student’s long-term career goals. The experience builds critical thinking skills, develops self-confidence and cross-cultural skills and all of these attributes are highly valued by employers worldwide.
LIST OF COLLEGES/ UNIVERSITIES IN AMERICA
- The University of Alabama System
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Auburn University at Montgomery
- Troy University at Dothan
- Troy University at Phenix City
- University of Alaska System
- University of Alaska Fairbanks
- University of Alaska Anchorage
- University of Alaska Southeast
- Arizona State University
- Arizona State University Tempe campus
- ASU Colleges at Lake Havasu City
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- The University of Arizona
- University of Arkansas
- University of Arkansas– Fort Smith
- Southern Arkansas University
- Henderson State University
- Arkansas Tech University
- University of Central Arkansas
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- California State University, Stanislaus
- California State University San Marcos
- Sonoma State University
- San Francisco State University
- Humboldt State University
- Adams State University
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- CSU-Global Campus
- Western Colorado University
- Charter Oak State College
- Connecticut State Universities
- University of Connecticut
- Western Connecticut State University
- Southern Connecticut State University
- Eastern Connecticut State University
- University of Delaware
- Delaware State University
- University of the District of Columbia
- State University System of Florida
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- New College of Florida
- University of West Florida
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC)
- Albany State University
- Georgia Southern University
- Armstrong Campus
- Atlanta Metropolitan College
- Augusta University
- Columbus State University
- Fort Valley State University
- University of Georgia
- Valdosta State University
- University of Guam
- University of Hawaiʻi System
- University of Hawaii–West Oahu
- University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Boise State University
- Lewis-Clark State College
- Chicago State University
- Governors State University
- Northeastern Illinois University
- Southern Illinois University
- Illinois State University
- Ball State University
- Indiana University
- Indiana State University
- Vincennes University
- Purdue University system
- University of Northern Iowa
- Emporia State University
- Pittsburg State University
- Wichita State University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- University of Louisville
- University of Kentucky
- Murray State University
- Louisiana State University
- Louisiana State University of Alexandria
- The University of New Orleans
- The University of Maine
- University of Southern Maine
- University of Maryland
- Center for Environmental Science
- Towson University
- Frostburg State University
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts
- Medical School
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Fitchburg State University
- University of Massachusetts